Tuesday, October 05, 2010

Gone to a new home



My sister Helen came to visit recently which was very special as it was a few years since she'd been here. We've caught up on the east coast many times, but it was lovely to welcome her to my home. I did a bit of show and tell with craft projects, finished (hah, very few!), and wips - one of the wips was my crochet ripple which I was finishing a fluted edging on. Well Hellie fell in love with it! She LOVED it...so I said you can have it - for all those birthdays etc when I haven't sent pressies etc. I'll finish it and give it to you at Christmas. Anyways the visit ended as all good things do and Helen flew home to Cairns. The next day I got a call...chat chat chat and "oh by the way I took the rug!" I laughed and said Hellie it's not finished! There's probably still a crochet hook wrapped up in it! And I haven't woven in all the ends. She said, " no I love all the tassles - I love it just as it is and so do my girls...Maya came in from school and stopped dead in her tracks and exclaimed "Mum, where'd you get that AWESOME blanket?" (Hels had thrown it over the sofa). I just laughed and said well you better find the end and tie it off so it doesn't start unravelling!!


So there you go a WIP in my eyes was a finished work of art in someone else's eyes. I am thrilled it has gone to its new home where it is LOVED. And now I'll just have to make another one for my home. Big sigh! What a shame...NOT! I get to have the fun all over again!

2 comments:

Lesley said...

I can see why they all love it — it's an absolute beauty! And that's one UFO out of your way, which is always a good thing ...

Susana said...

Preciosa¡¡¡¡