Wednesday, October 13, 2010

One less UFO



Tonight I finished my third quilt - really truly finished it by putting the last stitch in the binding. It seemed to take forever on this one I don't know why...I mean it took me hours of hand stitching. I felt that absolute rush of excitement and joy and glow at the pure pleasure of looking at something I've created and finished. It's on the bed to sleep under tonight. It's been on the bed before with the binding half on half off and the needle hanging off it, but tonight is different - there's a whole new way of looking at my FINISHED quilt - no niggling thoughts of 'suse when are you going to get round to finishing it .. you better do it before you prick yourself in your sleep. I reckon I must like to live dangerously because that wasn't much of an incentive? Lucky the weather is still cool enough to warrant a quilt..... I put the last stitch in it tonight round at a friend's house - the gorgeous Margie who took the photo you can see. She is such a friend...I said I'm not leaving until it's done!! And she said go for it! It wasn't too late was it Margie? Thanks for sharing the joy of my completed quilt and being so appreciative of it!!

No comments: