Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Quilt Reveal - Floral Parade - My Version

So how to photograph this large quilt...engage 2 teenagers to drop it over the mezzanine balustrade whilst mother climbs on kitchen bench to be at right height and angle to get it in, dodging cat that wants a piece of the action...result?...poor...but you get the idea.  I'm really happy with the quilt top...not the photo of said quilt top, but the quilt top itself.  I used the fabric range "Nouveau" by Sentimental Studios for Moda.  I've had it in my stash for a little while. The pattern, as mentioned previously, is Kaffe Fassett's Floral Parade.  I first read the pattern and counted the number of fabrics - about 20 and thought OMG imagine going out and buying the fabric to make that quilt...not in my budget, but I've got away with less because I've used one colour only for the "framing".  Now to decide about the backing - 7.5 metres...calico perhaps?

No comments: