Thursday, May 31, 2012

Long weekend anticipation

This weekend is a long one here in WA.  I am very much looking forward to it!  I'm piling a list of "My Favourite Things" to do.  It's looking ridiculously long...!  Saturday I'm going on a trip to a fabric and yarn shop.  I really want to look at great books with lots of knits etc.  Also crochet edges.  I've a yen to make a knitted shawl, knitted socks, beret and another crochet chevron rug, seeing as my previous one now resides in Doha, Qatar with my sister!  see previous blog gone to a new home! 

Anyway I won't bore you with my list - it's probably the same as most of my fellow bloggy crafters.  But I found a perfect little accompaniment for some of the activites ... a little sweet treat....


in a hexie box!  I bought a box of each flavour.  I'm hoping I can save the packaging to keep crafty bits in.  Imported from Turkey. I saw them and straight away though of Ali Baba and the Forty Thieves... well I'll be stealing bits of delight all this long weekend. And dreaming of the day I actually get to Turkey...

oh and in case you're wondering... the yo-yos are multiplying...

1 comment:

greenrabbitdesigns said...

Great boxes but I have to admit I really don't like Turkish Delight sweets but they do always remind me of my dad as he loved them. :)
Have a great long weekend, we have a 4-day weekend with the Jubilee celebrations!
Vivienne x