Friday, May 18, 2012

My Leftover Wool Crochet Rug


So the last couple of nights I've been sewing in ends on my stripey crochet throw.  Almost done, there are just a few strays left to go.  I left it folded and thrown over the sofa to greet me this morning.  Nothing like colour to make me smile first thing in the morning.  Walking into the living room this morning my eyes went straight to it.  Happy morning! Yes, I am actually making progress on some unfinished bits and pieces.  Not nearly enough crafty, creative fun time has been had lately. Perhaps it's the cooler weather that is helping me along?

 I snapped a few pics on my phone.  A few different views and close ups, so I could enjoy them all day. I might even make one my screen saver at work!



Not a great pic ...too close.  I wasn't sure about including the varigated yarn, but I have so much of it in my wool stash, and the idea was to use a bit of every colour.  Well that didn't work out - I still have balls and balls left.  I can probably make quite a few more RANDOM leftovery colourful rugs.

Tonight I will start the border.  This edgy is a bit wobbly.  I don't mind really but I would like to add another dimension to the rug.  She's telling me she doesn't feel finished yet, so I'm going to keep playing by adding a border.  Not sure what border exactly, just rows of double I think finishing a fluted edge... not sure but I'm looking forward to seeing what I come up with. 



another stripey view...



and another...

I like very much ... do you?

1 comment:

Karen Lewis Textiles said...

wowser that's gorgeous! Crocheting is on my list of crafts to master and this certainly inspires me!
thank you for stopping by my blog and leaving your lovely comment and good luck with your foray into quilting..warning...it's addicitve!