Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Colour therapy

Have you heard of "The Artist's Way" by Julia Cameron? I have a copy and from time to time I browse it.  One of her recommendations is to go an an ""Artist Date" each week, where you take yourself off to do something simply for pleasure and to fuel your creativity.  I love them when I get around to going on them.  They are uplifting and reassuring and are without a doubt great therapy.

I'm going to share photos from my artist date at the weekend.  Usually spent alone - this one I had Mum for company and there is no-one better than her to accompany me on an artist date.  Being an artist herself, she is an inspiration...she is so so creative and oozes ideas and encouragement constantly....so we oooed and aaahhhed .... and discussed possibilities....and got more and more inspired and excited....


 
 
 
 
 
 


 
Near me is the most wonderful shop - it is a veritable treasure trove and I'm sure it's reminiscent of a souk or something you find in the middle east/asia.  If you ever need a sari - this is the place to go.  Buttons, trims, ribbon, tassels, velvets, silks....you name it it has it.  The cutters use adding machines to total up your purchase... I love adding machines.  Probably a left over my first job as a trainee accountant, before we worked on computers...my god I sound old! 
 
and.....here is my swoon fabric of the day......
 
 
 
ísn't it  TO DIE FOR?......
 
P.S. The shop is Homecraft Textiles

No comments: