Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Russian Doll Quilt

 
For those of you who've been stopping by my little blog for the last few years may be wondering what ever happened to my Babushka quilt....well you can breathe a collective sigh of relief as I have finally finished the top!!  Here it is - apologies for the picture - there were no helpers around to hold the quilt up. 
 
Now to choose the backing and this is another one to be hand quilted.  The dolls are telling me that they really want to be framed by some hand stitches.  I'm looking forward to spending time chatting to each one as I go...there's Olga and Anastasia and Anna and Tatiana and Nadia and Svetlana...they have become my friends over the YEARS it has taken me to put this one together...
 
I'm thinking of renaming my blog to Quilt Interrupted :) I take so long to finish anything. So this is not a ta-dah, just a progress report

1 comment:

Materialise said...

Hi darl,

I reckon that's a great name. Do it!

I love the quilt and I agree about the quilting that will look fabulous..... I mean it'd be rude not too.

Maybe come and see the new ones we just got or do u think the pink linen spot would be too much. It would wash up so softly