Wednesday, May 07, 2014

May

Things might be a bit quiet on my blog this month.  I have a lot going on.  My eldest daughter is turning 21 so planning and arranging her 21st is consuming me for now.  My mum has arrived as my support team.  There are endless lists and my mind is running non-stop.  Her theme is Caribbean Carnivale - it's such a happy colourful theme and we're having lots of fun sourcing inflatable palm trees, parrots and pineapples, just to name a few.  And costumes - lots of sequins and feathers are floating around the house. There will be lots of photos post event, but I'm not going to give anything away before then!

Poor Tilly's world was turned upside down on Monday with a trip to the vet to be de-sexed.  It was incredibly traumatic. There were 4 of us holding her down (after heavy sedation) to anaesthetise her, which took 2 attempts. Luckily the vet was a tall and strong man - I hadn't considered that when I booked her in, but it is a definite pre-requisite to be Tilly's vet. She is so strong and becomes a bucking bronco when out of her comfort zone.

So I'm afraid there won't be much sharing of crafty projects for now, instead here a few images from my morning walk.  It's an opportunity to look around and up and see glorious little things that remind me how amazing nature is. 

The leaves are the only autumn colour in my garden. They have featured on my blog before...they are so fleeting.  One day I will make an autumn quilt so I can wrap myself in their glorious glow.

 
 
 
This is a bud I passed....and sniffed and snapped a photo.  



And here is a part of a fence I pass on my walks.  I must take my daughter with me so she can sing it to me....I long to know its tune.  How unique is that?  I love people's ingenuity! I would love to know the story behind a musical fence...I ponder what song I would put on my musical fence?  How about you?






Post Op Tilly...totally depressed

No comments: